My name is Atsuo. I was born and raised in Osaka, JAPAN.
When I was a kid, I watched Godzilla movie with my father, and I was fascinated by it. After that moment, I wanted to be a part of making movie using CGI.
Therefore I got into art school and learned 3D modeling, texturing, lighting, figure drawing, sculpting, and anatomy.
Anatomy is the most interesting subject in my school life. I was really shocked by how the muscles create movement of human body and the beauty of bones.
Since then, I want to make highly realistic human characters/creatures for film at some point in my career.
Additionally, I have the knowledge of programming, so I would like to do anything that makes characters/creatures look more believable, both technically and artistically.
May 2017 - Present
- Unannounced Project
Concept Artist & Modeler
- Hoshi no Dragon Quest Live Action Promotion
- Unannounced Projects
- Instructor at Digital Hollywood ZBrush Class
- Instructor at Japan Electronics College
Kojima Productions (Tokyo, JAPAN)
October 2016 - May 2017
- Death Stranding
ModelingCafe (Tokyo, JAPAN)
Janurary 2015 - October 2016
Modeling, Texturing, Lookdev, Concept Design, Tool Development and such as.
- KINGSGLAIVE FINAL FANTASY XV
- GAMERA 50th Anniversary Short Film (http://gamera-50th.jp/)
- CGWORLD Cover Image for February 2016 Issue (http://cgworld.jp/magazine/cgw210.html)
- Solid Angle User Gallery
- Born Digital Seminar "CGWORLD Cover Making in ModelingCafe Style"
- Born Digital CG Study Group Pro "Photorealistic Human Expression in ModelingCafe Style"
- Instructor at Digital Hollywood ZBrush Class(Oct 2015 - Nov 2015)
- Instructor at Digital Hollywood ZBrush Class(July 2016 - August 2016)
- Material Library Viewer, and Model Check Tools
USJ Co., Ltd. (Osaka, JAPAN)
2008 (5 Months)
Checking tickets, Guiding guests, and such as.
Academy of Art University (San Francisco, CA)
2009 - 2012
Creature Design, 3D Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Sculpting, Anatomy, and Figure Drawing
Konan University (Hyogo, JAPAN)
2005 - 2009
Information System Engineering
Ability to make highly realistic digital models with textures, both organic and hard surface.
Ability to design characters and creatures.
Ability to make scripts and tools to get more efficiency.
Strong knowledge of human anatomy.
Strong sense of design, both organic and hard surface.
Maya, ZBrush, Arnold, VRay, Mari, Mudbox, 3DCoat, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer, Photoshop, Drawing, Digital Painting, Sculpting with Clay, and Python.
All scripts are written in Python.
If you want to see source code or to use them, please contact me.
make circle hole on mesh
select series of edges that along with pattern based on 2 selected edges